The Tennessee Board of Regents
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology are governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) system. The TBR is the largest higher education system in Tennessee, governing 40 post-secondary educational institutions. The TBR system is comprised of thirteen community colleges and twenty-seven technology colleges.
Chancellor Flora Tydings
Tennessee Board of Regents
1 Bridgestone Park, Third Floor
Nashville, TN 37214
The activities of the Tennessee Board of Regents System are coordinated with the Tennessee Higher Education System in an effort to achieve unity in the programs of higher education in Tennessee.
Executive Director Emily House
Tennessee Higher Education Commission
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243
Advisory committees provide information and recommendations to assist administrative and instructional staff members in the effective operation of the college; assessing the needs of the students and local industry; and keeping abreast of the latest equipment, methods, and technologies.
The ultimate goal of advisory committees is to make valuable recommendations for the development of new programs and to remain current in already established programs.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology is accredited by Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325
The COE, originally founded in 1971 as a regional accrediting agency of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, is the successor to the Commission on Occupational Education Institutions (COEI). In 1995, the Council became a national accrediting agency. In 2006, the Council celebrated its 35th year of assuring quality and integrity in career and technical education. The Council's accreditation process is conducted on behalf of more than 181,000 students across the nation who pursue careers in a variety of technical fields.
Program Accreditations and Certifications
Some TCAT programs are accredited by external organizations. In addition, students in certain programs may be required or have the opportunity to sit for certified examinations to demonstrate expertise. The following is a list of accreditations and certifications by program:
- National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN)
- Tennessee Board of Nursing – Approved
Machine Tool Technology
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- NIMS certifications
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration
- HVAC Excellence
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Electrical
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Electric Heat
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Gas Heat
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Oil Heat
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Air Conditioning
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Light Commercial Air Conditioning
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Heat Pump
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - System Diagnostics & Troubleshooting
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Basic Refrigeration & Charging Procedures
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Carbon Monoxide Safety
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Residential & Light Commercial Hydronic Heat
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Fuel Oil Combustion
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Natural Gas Combustion
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Combustion Appliance Zone
- HVAC Excellence/ESCO - Carbon Monoxide & Combustion Analysis
Computer Information Technology
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) – Multimeter 525-596 certifications